Smaller authorities FAQs

Who needs to complete an Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR)?
These regulations apply to all local government smaller authorities including:
  • Local councils (including parish, town, village and community councils and parish meetings
  • Internal drainage boards
  • Other smaller authorities such as charter trustees, port health authorities, conservation bodies, harbour boards and crematorium boards.