The increased emphasis on transparency and patient choice, together with the new clinical indicators will increase the pressure for GP practices to achieve higher QOF scores. New regulations will see major changes to NHS pensions and superannuation rates for many healthcare professionals and their businesses. Taking the two together means that you need to ensure your business is in the best possible shape.
Our healthcare specialists have a wealth of experience and act for a wide range of clients including GP practices, consultants, hospital doctors and locums. Robert Branch (Moore Stephens Bath) is a member of the Association of Independent Specialist Medical Accountants.
We also issue a number of publications specifically aimed at the medical sector, including a quarterly update on ‘hot topics’ that are impacting the medical sector as well as an annual GP benchmarking survey.
Our services to the medical sector include:
- superannuation and pension contributions
- compliance work: completion of accounts and self assessment tax returns
- retirement planning
- advise to dispensing practices on VAT issues
- advice on surgery premises, including notional rent and borrowing costs
- leasing to third party tenants
- practice mergers
- partnership changes: profit projections and implications of partners joining and leaving
- financial and tax implications of leasing v buying
- advice on booking systems and record keeping
- expense claims and deferment forms
- cashflow projections and business plans
- capital allowances surveys